Over the weekend I got a terrible bout of allergies – I’m thinking it was caused by the grass – apparently it’s pollination time for it… Anyway, my nose ran nonstop for almost 3 days straight and kept me up all night Friday, it was awful. I’ve never had any allergic reactions like this before, I have gotten a little sneezy this year when the pollen first hit, but nothing like this. It is the worst. My nose is still stuffy today and not sure when it will be clear again. Regardless, I made a double batch of waffles on Saturday morning – so I could fill up my freezer with them – since we have a freezer now! We had delicious homemade waffles for breakfast with some sausage links, neither of which I could really taste (thanks allergies). The night before we watched Mr. Holmes for the first time – it was so good! I was shocked by how clean it was and the story was so good too – definitely recommend watching it! Loved Ian McKellan in his role as Gandalf and he did an amazing job as Sherlock Holmes too!
So this chicken recipe – SO easy and super good too. I love one pan meals like this, they make dinner time so simple and the clean up after so much better. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Hit that subscribe button if you haven’t already for more delicious and healthy recipes!
- 2 carrots sliced and halved
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 1 onion sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup
- 4 pieces chicken
- 2 minced clobes of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In an 8×8 oven-proof dish, layer the vegetables.
- Combine molasses, honey, maple syrup and all seasoning in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a separate bowl.
- Add about ¼ cup of liquid mixture to the chicken and stir to coat well. Place chicken and the sauce it was in on top of vegetables. Place butter on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add this thickened sauce to the top of the chicken and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.