I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know we did 🙂 Lots of delicious food and time with friends and family. This pie was my contribution this year – and it was a showstopper! And SO easy to make. It basically only has four ingredients! Such an awesome pie for so little work. The original recipe I found called for semi-sweet chocolate, but I think we would have preferred milk chocolate, just our preference, so use whatever you like. Just take a look at how lovely it turned out:
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped semi sweet or milk chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 and 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- whatever pie crust you like (we used just a store bought frozen pastry pie crust, because I didn’t have time to make one homemade)
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbls powdered sugar
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Chop the chocolate and place in a medium sized glass bowl, add vanilla.
- In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream until it starts to steam/simmer, then pour over the chocolate and let it sit for one minute to soften the chocolate.
- Stir it constantly until completely smooth
- If needed, place in the fridge for a few minutes just to make sure its completely cooled
- Whip 1 and 1/2 cups of cream with a mixer or kitchen aid for about 3 minutes until thick with stiff peaks form
- Prepare your crust
- When cooled, mix the chocolate with the whipped cream in a large bowl until there are no more white swirls; fold the cream gently so that it won’t be over mixed, it holds its form pretty well though
- Whip the other 1 and 1/2 cups of cream just like the other, but add in the powdered sugar for sweetness
- Spread the chocolate mixture in the bottom of your crust (it will be full) then top with the remaining whipped cream
- Dust with a little cocoa powder to make it look extra pretty 🙂
- And let chill for an hour or so before serving, or overnight
And that’s your 5 ingredient pie! It’s delicious and chocolatey and has a great fluffy texture – we loved it and hope you will too!
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.